Are you sick of how your kitchen cabinets look? Maybe you just want a quick and stress-free way of improving your Kennebunk home’s bathroom cabinet appearance. Or perhaps you just want to add a new layer of color and style to your kitchen cabinets that won’t end up breaking the bank? Whatever your individual circumstances, there is never a bad reason to invest in Auld Building Company’s top-quality cabinet refinishing service.
By combining years of cabinetry experience with the latest repair and remodeling techniques, there is no challenge too big or task too small for our skilled team of experts. Call our office today to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled craftsmen or to simply learn more about the service we offer.
If you are looking to add immediate value to your home without making a major change, then you could do a lot worse than investing in a quality cabinet re-dooring service from Auld Building Company. As the name suggests, cabinet re-dooring is nothing more than the simple act of replacing the doors and drawer fronts of your cabinets with new ones that are color-matched and designed to blend in with and compliment your existing cabinet blocks.
This simple process may not seem like much but the results can be transformative for your kitchen, bathroom or bedroom. If you are unsure if cabinet re-dooring is the right choice for you, then the following points are worth considering:
- The simple fact of the matter is that if your cabinet’s doors are in solid, working condition, and you are happy with their color scheme, then a strong and cohesive re-dooring job could help enhance your cabinets’ style without making lasting alterations.
- If you are operating on a budget, then cabinet re-dooring could be the perfect choice for you. In comparison to cabinet door replacement, re-dooring is relatively inexpensive. In fact, on average, re-dooring could end up costing you 75% less than it would to have your cabinet’s doors replaced.
- If you have time sensitivities that you need to adhere to then cabinet re-dooring could be the perfect choice for you. In general, our cabinet re-dooring work usually takes anywhere from one to three working days. This means that you can fully freshen up how your kitchen looks in time for an upcoming dinner party or holiday gathering.
- Finally, if you are an eco-conscious homeowner, then re-dooring your kitchen or bathroom cabinets is far more environmentally friendly than replacing them. After all, by ensuring that your existing cabinet boxes aren’t sent to the landfill, as well as guaranteeing that extra materials aren’t wasted in the production of new doors, means that you can sleep soundly at night knowing that you aren’t hurting mother nature.
Don’t Settle for Second Best
When it comes to cabinet refinishing, every cent counts. That is why to ensure you receive the best possible service you need to choose Auld Building Company’s tried and trusted approach. With a wealth of experience, there is very little that we can’t do. So, what are you waiting for? Don’t settle for second-best when the number one team is here and available for you to use. Call us today, to schedule an appointment with one of our skilled and certified team members. We promise, you won’t be disappointed.
Kennebunk Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Whether you are looking to refinish the floors in your Kennebunk kitchen or re-do your entire house, the fact of the matter is that you need to invest in a trusted and reliable hardwood floor refinishing team that will take care of every single detail of the job without cutting any corners in terms of quality or convenience.
Auld Building Company is the team the does just that. Add in our affordable and competitive prices and it is clear to see that it would be foolish to waste your time with any other hardwood floor refinishing team.
Benefits of Oak Floors
There is no doubt about it, when it comes to hardwood floors, one type of wood is in high demand. With a wide range of multifaceted benefits, oak-based hardwood flooring has many advantages over other types of wood. Five of the main benefits that oak flooring offer homes of any size are as follows:
- Oak is an extremely hard and durable wood. As such, it can withstand repeat usage and even the most energetic childhood games. Having been used in the building and construction trade for centuries, it has established a reputation for being an extremely long-lasting flooring material. The longevity of oak is perhaps best illustrated by virtue of the fact that 200-year-old reclaimed oak is still readily available and can be purchased easily.
- Like the best red wine, oak actually improves with age. If you are fortunate enough to have 150-year or 200-year oak wood flooring installed in your home, then you can vouch for this claim first-hand. The great thing about oak is that its color gets warmer and richer as each year passes and once it is regularly maintained it can stay looking beautiful and pristine for many years.
- The grain that oak produces makes it a very attractive grain that is ideal for flooring. Compared to other woods that have very monochromatic patterns, oak offers very attractive grains.
- The popularity and abundance of oak means that it is the perfect option for homeowners of all shapes and sizes. One of the other distinct advantages of oak is that it is available in an astonishing number of styles, grades and dimensions. This wide range of options gives our customers the opportunity to find whatever they are looking for.
- Finally, one of the primary advantages of oak, compared to other woods and alternative flooring types, is that it takes very well to staining and can be colored to meet the individual and respective needs of your home. So, whether you are looking for a light and natural shade or want a clean and contemporary look, oak flooring from Auld Building Company can do it all.
Need a Hardwood Floor Refinishing Team Today?
If you are looking for a hardwood floor refinishing team that will go the extra mile for you, then you really need to look no further than Auld Building Company. Why settle for second-best, when the number one team is here and available for you to use?
Wood Furniture Refinishing
If you want a wood furniture refinishing team that will deliver an optimal service for your home, then you really need to contact Auld Building Company today. Unmatched in terms of price, quality and convenience, there is very little that our skilled team can’t do. Call us today and allow our skilled team of refinishing specialists help you make the best of your wood furniture improvements. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
When Wood Refinishing Might Not Work For You
As wood furniture refinishing specialists, it may seem surprising that we at Auld Building Company, would suggest instances where refinishing might not work for you but the reality is that if you are looking to revamp a piece of vintage wooden furniture for your living room or kitchen then you need to consider the following two questions closely:
Has the Piece Been Painted?
As a simple rule of thumb, if the answer to this question is yes then you need to proceed with caution. The reason for this is because if a chair, cabinet or wooden table has been painted in the past then there’s usually a reason for this. In most cases, a paint job is often hiding something more serious such as stains, burns or scratches. So, as a general rule we at Auld Building Company recommend that our clients purchase and spend time refinishing furniture that has been varnished rather than painted. It usually means less nasty surprises.
Is Re-Gluing Necessary?
This question isn’t just important in terms of refinishing, it is also a crucial query that any homeowner should consider closely before even purchasing a used piece of wooden furniture. A quick and effective way of establishing if the chest of drawers, cabinet or bedroom dresser needs to be re-glued is by trying the so-called ‘rickety test’. This means rocking the chest of drawers back and forth to see how much, if any, swaying takes place.
Should I Move Out During Floor Refinishing?
Even though most floors can be used 24 to 36 hours after sealing has taken place, the reality is that it takes weeks of this treatment to fully cure. During this time, it is important that you avoid inhaling many of the fumes that can accompany the staining process. Moving out of your home is the surest way of achieving this.
Avoid Sub-Standard Refinishing Teams
You wouldn’t have your yard designed by a landscaper with a bad reputation, nor would you stay in a hotel that had bad reviews. So, why would then would you take chances with inferior refinishing teams when it comes to carrying out the necessary work on valuable furniture in your home. At Auld Building Company, our skilled team of refinishing specialists take what they do very seriously. That is why when we say we will deliver a top-quality job, you know that we mean it. Don’t settle for second-best, call the refinishing team you can rely on today.